Redneck Ribs with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Today we are making Redneck Ribs in the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. The original recipe came from the Masterbuilt Smoker website, but we have swapped out a few of the ingredients to make our version – peach rub, peach pepper jelly and peach wood chips. So, we are giving the Redneck Ribs recipe a touch of Georgia!
- 1 rack of St. Louis style pork ribs
- 3 teaspoons Peach BBQ Rub
- ½ cup of Peach Pepper Jelly (you can substitute peach jelly or apply jelly)
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Remove the membrane from the ribs.
- Set the smoker to 225 to 235 degrees F.
- Add peach wood chips to the Smoker.
- Apply the Peach Rub liberally to both sides of the ribs.
- Smoke for 3 hours, then remove from the smoker, wrap tightly in foil with ¼ cup of apple juice. Place back in the smoker.
- To make the Redneck BBQ Sauce, put a sauce pan on a burner over medium-low heat. Add the peach pepper jelly, steak sauce, ketchup and brown sugar. Stir until mixed well.
- After 1 to 1.5 hours additional smoke time, remove the ribs from the Smoker and start applying the Redneck BBQ sauce.
- Apply the sauce 1 to 2 times and cook the ribs for 30 minutes.