Bacon-Wrapped Candied Bologna Sticks
Candied Bologna Sticks - the ultimate snack for any meat lover! That’s right you heard me correctly. Candied bologna. It may sound strange, but trust me, it’s delicious.
But how do you make them, you ask? Well, let's find out!"
Candied Seasoning Ingredients
- 1.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3.5 lb bologna chub
- 1 to 2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Get Grilla Pellet Grill Ready by preheating to 250 degrees.
- Soak wood skewers in water for at least 1 hour.
- Take a 3.5 lb bologna chub and cut this in about 1 inch wide by ½ inch thick strips.
- Insert our skewers that have been soaking in water for about 2 hours.
- In a small bowl ix together the sugar seasoning blend.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly on all sides.
- Smoke for 45 mintutes, turn over and smoke another 30 minutes.
- Dip in your favorite sweet BBQ sauce, then smoke for 15 additional minutes until it's nice and caramelized. The sugar will create a delicious, crispy crust on the outside of the bologna.
There you have it! Candied bologna is an unconventional, but oh-so-delicious snack. Sweet, savory and just a little bit indulgent. Give this a try when your buddies are over for the next game day or at your next family gathering. Your guests will not be disappointed, and you’ll be the rockstar of the cookout!
Watch the video for detailed step-by-step instructions.