Buffalo Ranch Bird Dawgs
If you're looking for some mouth-watering bird dawgs, then you should check out our Buffalo Ranch Bird Dawgs! These are absolutley packed full of flavor!
We'll take some chicken strips, grill 'em up on the Grilla Pellet Grill, add some buffalo sauce and make a homemade slaw.
- 4 chicken thighs, bones and skin removed
- Everglades Fish and Chicken Seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 10 oz bag of shredded vegetable slaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp local honey
- 16 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo wing sauce; either reserve 3 ounces or have a second bottle on hand (for drizzling a little sauce later)
- Ranch dressing to taste
- Hot dog buns
- Himalayan pink salt (or Kosher salt) to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Debone the chicken thighs and remove the skins.
- Slice chicken thigs into 3/4" to 1" strips.
- Apply the Everglades Fish and Chicken seasoning to all sides of the chicken.
- Preheat the pellet grill (I used the Grilla Pellet Grill) to 350 degrees F using hickory pellets.
- After the grill is heated, place the chicken strips on the pellet smoker for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the slaw by dicing the red onion, then removing the membrance and seeds from the Jalapeno and slicing it.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, apple cider vinegar and honey to a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the vegetable slaw mix and the diced red onion. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Cover the slaw with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- After the chicken strips cook for 20 minutes and start getting some color, turn over and cook another 10 minutes.
- Pour the Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo wing sauce in a bowl and add the chicken strips to coat well.
- Place the chicken strips back on the pellet grill and cook 10 more minutes, so that the sauce can caramelize on the chicken.
- Turn the chicken strips over and cook approximately 5 to 10 minutes or more importatnly until the internal temp of the chicken thighs in 170 degrees F.
- Add some slaw to each hot dog bun, add the buffalo chicken strips, drizzle some more buffalo wing sauce, drizzle some ranch dressing and top with the sliced jalapenos.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the detailed recipe instructions watch our Buffalo-Ranch Yardbird Dawgs Recipe