Sweet Tea Brined Chicken with Alabama White Sauce
Today, I’m making Sweet-Tea Brined Chicken in the Masterbuilt Smoker and then finishing the chicken with Big Bob Gibson’s Alabama White Sauce.
- 2 cups water
- 8 Lipton black tea bags
- 1 lemon
- 1 gallon water
- 2 cups Sweet Tea (see Sweet Tea ingredients)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- To make the tea, bring 2 cups of water to a boil the remove the water from the heat. Add the tea bags and let steep for 1 minutes.
- Add all of the brine ingredients to a large pot and stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add the chicken quarters to the brine, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, remove the chicken quarters from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. This will remove any excess salt.
- Season the chicken quarters with the Big Bob Gibson BBQ seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning)
- Heat the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker to 275 degrees F and add some Persimmon wood chips (or other fruit wood chips).
- Smoke the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F internal temperature. This chicken cooked quickly today.
- Apply the Big Bob Gibson White sauce to the chicken and let rest 10 minutes.
For the complete step-by-step recipe details, watch our Sweet Tea Brined Chicken video.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.