Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe (a.k.a. Argentine Matambre Flank Steak)
Grilled Stuffed Flank Steak, otherwise known as Matambre or Argentine Stuffed Flank Steak cooked on the Gourmet Guru Grill. We'll start by butterflying the flank steak and then we will stuff it by placing the stuffing ingredients on the flank steak. Next, we will roll up the flank steak and secure it with butcher's twine for the grill. Now let's get started.
- 5 lb flank steak
- 2-3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2/3 of 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons cilantro paste
- 1 habanero pepper, minced
- 5 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ yellow onion, sliced small (or chopped)
- 2 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Stubb’s Beef Rub
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the flank steak. Do not cut all the way through the edge.
- Use a meat cleaver to flatten any “thicker” sections of the flank steak. You want it to be a uniform thickness as much as possible.
- Spread the mustard evenly on the top side of the flank steak.
- Mix the parsley, cilantro paste, habanero and minced garlic together. Then, apply evenly to the top of the flank steak. Leave ¾ of an edge around the flank steak with no topping.
- Add the red bell pepper, carrot, onion and hardboiled egg slices to the top layer.
- Roll up the flank steak and secure with butcher’s twine.
- Apply the olive oil to the outside of the flank steak and then season with the Stubb’s Beef Rub.
- Add the flank steak over direct heat to a pre-heated grill at 375 degrees F. Cook both sides for 2 minutes each to brown the flank steak.
- Continue cooking the flank steak over indirect heat until it reaches an internal temperature of 131 – 133 degrees F. For this cook, the time was less than 1 hour.
- Remove from the grill, let rest for 10 minutes and serve!
For the step-by-step recipe instructions, watch our Stuffed Flank Steak video.