Sriracha Reaper Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
In today’s recipe for Grilled Sriracha-Reaper Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce we will grill chicken skewers and serve with a spicy peanut dipping sauce. This recipe takes advantage of Mad Dog 357’s Sriracha-Reaper Hot Sauce. You can use any type of grill for this recipe. We are using the Gourmet Guru Grill.
Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (up to 1.7lbs total weight), cut into ¾ inch strips
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Mad Dog 357 Reaper Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup JIF Creamy peanut butter
- 14 ounces Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Mad Dog 357 Reaper Sriracha Sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 7 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Thread the chicken strips on skewers using an “in and out” technique. This will help minimize the chicken slipping up or down on the skewers while cooking. If using wood skewer, then pre-soak them in water for 2 hours minimum.
- Mix the rest of the chicken ingredients in a shallow bowl (excluding the chopped parsley), then coat the skewered chicken. Let the chicken rest in the marinade in the refrigerator until the peanut sauce is complete.
- Add the chicken broth to a pan over medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients except the peanut butter and still well.
- Add the peanut butter and then simmer until the peanut butter is blended in and the sauce is smooth. This will take 5 to 7 minutes. You may need to reduce the heat. Do not bring to a heavy boil. Remove from the heat and let cool. Pour the peanut sauce into a serving bowl.
- Set up the grill for direct heat and establish a temperature of 425-450 degrees F. You can also bake these in the oven at 350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Grill the chicken on all sides until it is done. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F. Cook time is 10 to 15 minutes (approximately) depending on your grill temperature.
- Garnish the chicken with some chopped parsley and server with the peanut sauce.
For the step-by-step recipe details, watch the video.