Sous Vide Porterhouse Steak with the Anova Precision Cooker
Today I will show you How to cook a steak using the Sous Vide method. We are using the Anova Precision Cooker for this Sous Vide cook and the steak of choice a 1.6 lb. Porterhouse.
- Fill a pot with water and insert the Anova Precision Cooker
- Set the temperature to 129 degrees F (for medium rare) on the Anova Precision Cooker and set the cook to 1 hour.
- Season the steak with the Santa Maria Steak Seasoning (or use salt and pepper). Placed the steak and any herbs (I used thyme and a bay leaf) on the steak and then vacuum seal it.
- 10 minutes before the steak is done cooking, heat your grill to high hea.
- When the steak is done cooking using the Sous Vide method, remove from the bag and sear each side on the grill, turning every 15 seconds. Grill for a total of 1 to 1.5 minutes.
For the step-by-step details, watch our Sous Vide Porterhouse Steak with the Anova Precision Cooker video.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.