Smoked St Louis Ribs with Cola-Glaze
Today we are making St. Louis Ribs on the Masterbuilt Smoker with a Cola Glaze. This is an easy and great tasting rib recipe with a homemade BBQ sauce. As mentioned, we are doing this rib cook in the Masterbuilt Smoker, so let’s get going.
- 1 rack pork ribs
- Heaven Made Products Texas Rib Rub to taste
- ¼ cup Squeeze butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 16 oz Pepsi cola, separated 4 oz and 12 oz.
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Colon Cleaner Hot Sauce (or yellow mustard)
- 2 cups Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Remove the rib membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Season sides of the ribs with the Heaven Made Products Texas Rib rub.
- Preheat the Masterbuilt Smoker to 225 degrees F and add Maple Wood Chips.
- Place the ribs in the Masterbuilt Smoker and cook for 2.5 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the Masterbuilt Smoker, apply the squeeze butter, honey and wrap in foil along with 4 oz of Pepsi Cola.
- Place the ribs back in the Masterbuilt Smoker and cook for another 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the Masterbuilt and remove the foil. Place the ribs back in the Masterbuilt for 30 minutes.
- To make the sauce add 12 oz Pepsi to a pan over high heat. Add the apple cider vinegar, onion powder, dried garlic, brown sugar, cinnamon, Colon Cleaner Hot sauce, pepper, pepper, Ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Glaze the ribs with the sauce. Cook 15 minutes, glaze again and then cook for another 15 minutes. Total cook time today is 5.5 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the Masterbuilt Smoker. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve!
Watch our Cola-Glazed Rib video for the recipe details.