Smoked & Seared NY Strip Steaks with Cowboy Butter using the Grill Gun
Today I'm making a Smoked Steak in the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker along with a Cowboy Dippin' Butter. I'll sear the steak with the Grill Gun.
Cowboy Dippin' Butter Ingredients
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 of a lemon & zest
- 1/8 teaspoon dried cayenne powder
- J.M. Thomason Porterhouse Steak Rub
- Heat the smoker to 225F and add hickory or mesquite chips
- Season the steaks with the J.M. Thomason Porterhouse Steak Rub.
- Place the steaks in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature is 125 to 129F for medium rare. For this cook it took 35 minutes.
- Remove the steaks from the smoker and sear with the Grill Gun.
- While the steaks are resting, make the Cowboy Dippin' Butter by mixing the remaining ingredients in a bowl.