Smoked Prime Rib on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill
It's always a good day when there's Prime Rib. This smoked prime rib recipe is really easy and can be done in about 3 hours.
And, you can't have Prime Rib without homemade Au Jus sauce, so I show you my recipe for Au Jus as well.
- 6.5 lb prime rib roast
- Plowboys Bovine Bold Beef Rub
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup duck fat
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1.5 tsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Season all sides of the prime rib with the Bovine Bold Beef Rub.
- Place in the Pit Boss Pellet Grill or your smoker at 200 degrees F. I used a combination of cherry, maple and hickory pellets.
- After 1 hour turn the temperature up to 250 degrees F
- Then after 1 more hour turn the temperature up to 300 degrees F. Cooking at lower temperatures for the first couple of hours give you more of a smoke flavor.
- Continue cooking until the center of the prime rib is 120-122 degrees F for medium rare.
- While the prime rib is resting make the Au Jus.
- Over medium heat add any collected drippings from the prime rib to a sauce pan.
- Add the duck fat and melt, then add the flour and stir well until the flour browns.
- Add the beef broth and the remaining ingredients. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- After the prime rib rests for 15 minutes, slice and serve with the Au Jus.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.