Smoked Mississippi Chicken
In this recipe we are going to make some smoked Mississippi Chicken and then create some Chicken Sliders.
You have no doubt heard of Mississippi Pot Roast by now. This is the chicken version and it just might be better than the pot roast.
We’ll start by smoking the chicken in our Masterbuilt Smoker. This same recipe can be make on any smoker or a grill using indirect heat.Then, we will add the Mississippi Chicken ingredients and finish the cook.
- 1 teaspoon Tsang’s oil or olive oil
- 6-8 pieces of chicken thighs
- 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 package of dry au jus gravy mix
- 1 stick butter, cut into 6-7 pieces
- 8 oz Pepperoncini juice
- 10 – 12 Pepperoncini peppers
- 1-2 tablespoons Heaven Made Products It’s Incredible Seasoning
- Rub the oil on both sides of the chicken.
- Season all sides of the chicken with the It’s Incredible seasoning.
- Add a wood chip blend to the Masterbuilt Smoker and set the temperature to 275 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in the Masterbuilt and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the Masterbuilt and place in a cast iron Dutch oven or disposable aluminum pan. Pour the Pepperoncini juice in the bottom of the Dutch oven/pan.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and Aus Ju gravy mix on the chicken, then add the butter and Pepperoncini peppers on the chicken.
- Cover with a lid or foil, place back in the Masterbuilt and cook for 1.5 additional hours.
- Remove from the Masterbuilt and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and make slider sandwiches using your favorite toppings.