Smoked Lemon-Pepper Tuna
In today’s recipe I’ll show you how to smoke Lemon-Pepper Tuna Steaks in the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. This is a really simple smoked tuna recipe where we will brine it overnight, season the next day and then smoke in the Masterbuilt Smoker.
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Ahi Tuna steaks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Tennessee Whiskey Lemon Pepper Seasoning (to taste).
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- To help keep the tuna moist, mix the Kosher salt and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the dry brine on the both sides of the tuna. Place the tuna on a raised rack and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, wipe off any excess salt/sugar from the tuna steaks and then brush both sides of the tuna with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of the tuna with the Tennessee Whiskey Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on the tuna steaks.
- Heat the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker to 190 degrees.
- Add a combination of peach and cherry wood. Use a fruit wood to add a delicate smoke flavor.
- Place the tuna steaks in the smoker and cook until it reaches 145 degrees F. For this cook it took 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley on top of the tuna steaks.
Watch the step-by-step recipe details in our Smoked Lemon-Pepper Tuna video.