Smoked Bison Ribeye
Bison ribeye steaks are lean and rich in flavor. Add some smoke and you've got a real treat.
We'll use the reverse-sear technique today with the Pit Boss Pellet grill. Of course any grill you have will work just fine.
- Heaven Made Products Brisket Rub
- 2 Bison Ribeye Steaks
- Season both sides of the Bison Ribeye steaks with the Heaven Made Brisket Rub.
- Heat the Pit Boss Pellet Grill to 225 degrees F. If using a charcoal or gas grill, set the grill up for indirect, 2-zone heating.
- Place the Bison Ribeyes on the pellet grill and smoke until the internal temperature of the ribeyes is 107-109 F.
- Remove the ribeyes from the pellet grill.
- Using caution with insulated gloves and tongs, slide the Pit Boss Pellet grill sear cover over to expose the heat source. Increase the grill temperature to 500 degrees F (will take about 15 minutes). If using a gas or charcoal grill simply bring the temperature up to 500.
- Place the steaks on the grill grates over the fire. Cook for 45 seconds, turn 45 degrees and cook 45 additional seconds, and then repeat for the other side.
- Remove from the heat, let rest for 10 minutes and serve. Steaks should be medium rare.