Smoked Beef Ribs with Adobo-Beer Dipping Sauce
Today’s recipe is for Smoked Beef Ribs served with a homemade Adobo-Beer Dipping Sauce. We are carrying out this cook on the Gourmet Guru Kamado Grill. You can just as easily make this recipe on a kettle grill, gas grill or smoker.
- 2 racks beef ribs
- 2-3 teaspoons Runnin’ Wild Steak Seasoning (you can substitute your favorite beef rub)
- 6 oz beer
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons adobo past
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Season both sides of the beef ribs with the Runnin’ Wild Steak seasoning.
- Set up the Gourmet Guru Grill for indirect cooking with the plate setter and add 4 chunks of hickory chunks. Heat the grill to 275 degrees F.
- Place the ribs on the grill. Mist every 1.5 hours with beer or apple juice to keep the ribs from drying out.
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat, add the remaining ingredients, excluding the butter. Stir and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. The sauce will reduce by one third to a half. Turn the heat off and stir in the butter.
- Cook the beef ribs until a toothpick inserts easily into the ribs. This cook took about 5 hours.
For the complete, step-by-step details, watch our Smoked Beef Ribs with Adobo-Beer Dipping Sauce video.
Disclosure: Gourmet Guru Grill provided courtesy of Gourmet Guru Grills. Any opinions about the grill are my own.