Ranch Wings Cooked on the Arteflame Insert for the Weber Kettle
In this recipe we'll make some Ranch Chicken Wings on an Arteflame Insert for the Weber Grill. These wings are perfect for any game day. You can use a single recipe and offer spicy to your heat loving friends through the dippping sauce and non-spicy to your pals that think jalapeno peppers are hot!
The Arteflame insert replaces any Weber style grill grate with a combination grill and griddle. It's made from an extra thick and polished stell that will last a lifetime. It is definitely my favorite Weber Grill accessory. It's perfect for this recipe as it allows us to get crispy wings quickly.
Dry Ingredients for Wings
- 2-3 tsp dried Datil or Habanero peppers
- Sucklebuster's Clucker Dust Chicken Seasoning to taste (or your favorite chicken seasoning)
- 2-3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 package dry Ranch seasoning mix
Spicy Ranch Dippin' Sauce Ingredients
- Scorned Woman Hot Sauce to Taste (we used about 3-4 tablespoons). Remember, Hell Hath No Fury Like A Scorned Woman!
- 1 package of dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp dried parsle
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- To make the spicy Ranch dipping sauce, place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat up the Weber grill until the surface temperature of the Arteflame Insert is 450 to 500 degrees F.
- While the grill is heating sprinkle the dry ingredients on both sides of the chicken wings.
- Cook the wings on the Weber Arteflame insert until done (safe temperature is 165 degrees F). For this cook it only took about 15 minutes.
- Serve the wings with the dipping sauce on the side and enjoy!
Watch our Ranch Wings video for the step-by-step recipe instructions.