Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Today’s recipe is for a Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese cooked on the grill. Ever smoke a picnic shoulder or pork butt and have leftovers? Don’t know what to do with all of that leftover pulled pork? This is a great way to use it.
Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches)
- 1 cup pulled pork
- Fat Bastard Hawgwash BBQ Sauce to taste
- 4 slices French bread
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheese, plus ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 fried eggs
- 1 pieces fried bacon, chopped
- Garlic Butter, see
- Set up the grill for indirect, 2-zone heating and bring the temperature to 350-400 degrees F.
- Place the leftover pulled pork in an aluminum pan, pour the BBQ sauce over the pulled pork and place on the grill on the indirect side.
- Apply the garlic butter to one side of each piece of bread.
- After 10-15 minutes, place the bread on the direct side of the grill and spread 1/2 cup of cheese on the 4 slices of bread.
- Spread the pulled pork on top of the cheese on the bread.
- Scoop the pulled pork out of the pan and apply to 2 pieces of the bread.
- Spread the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese over the pulled pork and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Continue checking the bread every 4-5 minutes until it is toasted.
- When the bread is toasted, place a fried egg on top of the pulled pork.
- Add 1 chopped piece of bacon to each sandwich.
- Add ½ to 1 teaspoon of chopped green onion to each sandwich.
- Put the bread tops on the pulled pork and move the sandwiches to the indirect side until the cheese is melted with the egg, bacon and green onion.
Watch our Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich video for the step-by-step recipe details.