Today we are grilling chicken with a Brandied Apple-Cinnamon BBQ Sauce. We will use Ole Ray’s Rubb-It for the BBQ Seasoning and Ole Ray’s multi award-winning Apple Cinnamon BBQ Sauce. This is a really easy recipe with only five ingredients that anyone can make on their backyard grill. For our cook, we're using the Gourmet Guru Kamado grill. Now let’s get started!
1. For the marinade, mix together 4oz Ole Ray’s Apple Cinnamon BBQ Sauce and 4oz of Apple Cider Vinegar.
2. Using a knife, score the chicken approximately 1/8” deep across the chicken, every ½”. Do this for both sides of the chicken. This allows the marinade to have more surface area to penetrate the meat.
3. Place the chicken and marinade in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
4. After the chicken is one marinating, remove from the marinade and generously season both sides of the chicken with Ole Ray’s Rubb It or your favorite chicken/BBQ seasoning. Don’t use a high sugar content rub.
5. Heat the Gourmet Guru Grill to 300 degrees F using direct heat. If you are using a gas grill, cook the chicken on indirect heat. If you are using a Weber grill, then use the technique as described for the Gourmet Guru or you can cook indirect.
6. Place the chicken on the grill and turn the chicken every 20 -25 minutes.
7. While the chicken is cooking, mix the remaining 6oz Ole Ray’s Apple Cinnamon BBQ Sauce with the Brandy.
8. When the chicken reaches 150 degrees F, start glazing with the BBQ Sauce/Brandy mixture. IF you closely watch the grill, you can turn up the heat or move the chicken to the direct heat side (if you are cooking indirect). This will speed up the process, but watch for flare-ups. It won’t take much to burn the sauce on the chicken.
9. Grill until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F and serve!
For the step-by-step recipe instructions watch our video.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Discounts & Monthly Recipes
Join the Armadillo Pepper community and get monthly recipes, exclusive customer discounts & new product information!