New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
In today’s video recipe I’ll show you how to make New Orleans BBQ shrimp. This recipe is easy, flavorful and no special ingredients are needed. We’re talking New Orleans BBQ shrimp made right on your stove top or grill!
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 mead (honey wine) or white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, separated
Creole Seasoning Ingredients
- 5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil to a pan over medium heat and stir until the butter melts.
- Add the white wine and minced garlic.
- Stir in the Creole seasoning mix.
- While stirring, bring to a simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and parsley, then cook until done which is about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Remove the shrimp to a plate.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl for dipping.
- Serve with crusty bread!
For the detailed step-by-step recipe instructions, watch our New Orleans BBQ Shrimp video recipe.