Mayonnaise Turkey Recipe - Injected and Cooked in the Smoker
Today we'll show you our Mayonnaise Turkey Recipe. We've long been advocates of brining turkey, but this combination of mayonnaise and injection results in a turkey that is just as juicy (or juicier) than a brined turkey. Our cooker of choice today is the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker.
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 2 oz Wild Turkey Kentucky Bourbon
- 1 package It's Incredible Marinade
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Plowboys Yardbird Chicken Rub (or your favorite seasoning)
- To make the injection, mix the water, bourbon and It's Incredible injection seasoning until the seasoning is dissolved.
- Inject the turkey and space the injections about 1" apart. Watch our video for the detailed instructions.
- Apply the mayonnaise all over the outside of the turkey and the inner cavity.
- Season the turkey with the Plowboys BBQ Yardbird rub (or your favorite seasoning). The Plowboys BBQ team has won the American Royal BBQ championship four times!
- Place the turkey in the smoker with the temperature set at 275 degrees F using applewood wood chips.
- Cook the turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the breast. Today's cook took 3 hours.
- Let the turkey rest for 15 to 30 minutes and serve!