Low Country Boil
Today we are making a Low Country Boil with potatoes, onions, crawfish (a.k.a. crawdads), Mayport shrimp, crab legs and sausage. This low country boil or what some refer to as a seafood boil is perfect for your next party with friends and family!
- 8 potatoes, cut in half
- 6 lemons, cut in half
- 2 bags Zatarain’s crab boil seasoning
- 2 bottles Zatarain’s crab boil concentrate
- 3 boxes Zatarain’s crab boil seasoning in the perforated bag
- 7 pounds crawfish
- 4 pounds Mayport Shrimp
- 4 pounds crab legs
- 8 ears of corn, cut in half
- 1 lb pre-cooked sausage
- Purge crawfish by adding crawfish to freshwater for 30 minutes to hour. Drain water when you are ready to place crawfish in cooker.
- Add lemons, potatoes and onions to water and bring to a boil.
- When the water reaches a boil, add the crawfish and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the burner to the cooker off and add the sausage, corn, shrimp and crab legs. Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and pour the seafood on to a table with newspaper.
Watch our How to Make a Low Country Boil video for the step-by-step instructions.