Korean Gochujang Chicken Wings Using the Sous Vide Method
Today we are making Sous Vide Chicken Wings and then finish the wings by tossing in a Korean Gochujang Sauce. I’m using the Anova Precison Cooker to cook these wings using the Sous Vide technique. Sous Vide produces wings with an incredible texture and moisture and you can add some char to the wings with your grill for a couple of minutes or in your oven on broil.
If you are not yet in to using the Sous Vide technique, you can bake or grill these wings and still finish them off by tossing in this KOrean Gochujang sauce.
- 8 chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Korean Gochujang Hot and Sweet Sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Top of 1 green onion chopped for garnish
- ¼ of a lime
- Salt and pepper (to taste) the chicken wings, then vacuum seal in a bag.
- Set the Anova Precision cooker to 145 degrees F.
- Place the bag of chicken wings in the Anova Precision cooker and cook for 2 hours.
- About 10-15 minutes before the chicken is done cooking in the Sous Vide water bath, place fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Gochujang, ginger, garlic and honey in a pan over medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes until the ingredients are blended well.
- Heat the grill to medium high or high heat and place the wings of the grill.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side to brown the chicken wing skin. This will also help to crisp up the skin on the wings.
- Remove the wings from the grill, toss in the sauce and sprinkle with the Sesame seeds and green onion.
- Squeeze a few lime juice drops on top of the chicken wings.
Watch our step-by-step video recipe to see all of the details.