Korean BBQ Pork Ribs
In today’s video we're making Korean BBQ Pork Ribs. This recipe couldn’t be any easier and is absolutely packed with flavor.
We’ll season the ribs with Meat Mitch BBQ Rub and then finish them with a Korean Gochujang BBQ Sauce. Today’s cook is on the Gourmet Guru Grill, but this same recipe will work in any smoker, the Beg Green Egg a gas grill or the Weber Kettle.
- 1 rack St. Louis style of Baby Back Ribs
- 3 tablespoons Meat Mitch BBQ Rub
- 3 tablespoons Gochujang Hot & Sweet Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons Tsang’s Mongolian Fire Oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Set the Gourmet Guru Grill (or your smoker) to 250 degrees. Add your favorite wood chunks.
- Place the ribs on the grill.
- After 2 hours mist the ribs with apple juice or beer.
- Cook the ribs another 30 minutes, then remove the ribs from the Gourmet Guru Grill. Place in foil along with ¼ cup beer or apple cider, then tightly wrap the aluminum foil around the ribs.
- Place the ribs back on the grill (or smoker) and cook for another 1 hour.
- While the ribs are cooking, add the Gochujang Hot & Sweet Sauce, honey, soy sauce, Tsang’s Mongolian Fire Oil, onion powder, ground ginger and mirin to a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce down by 1/3.
- When the hour is up (step 7), remove the ribs from grill and remove the foil (CAUTION: Ribs will be hot. Use protective gloves and let the ribs cool down first).
- Place the ribs back on the grill and glaze with the Korean BBQ Sauce.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes on the ribs.
- Shut the lid to the grill and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, let rest 10-15 minutes and serve.
For the step-by-step details, watch our video.
Note: Recipe adapted from Chili Pepper Magazine