In today’s recipe we are grilling a Jack Daniels & Coke Skirt steak on the Gourmet Guru Grill. Of course you can make this on any type of grill as we are doing a direct, high-heat cook.
• 12 oz Coke
• 1/2 cup Jack Daniels
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp each salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp horseradish
• 1 skirt steak
1. To make the Jack & Coke marinade, place all of the ingredients except the skirt steak in a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and shake until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Place the skirt steak in the bag and then let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Heat your grill to approximately 550 degrees F. I’m using the Gourmet Guru grill set up for direct cooking. A Weber kettle or gas grill can also be used.
4. Grill the skirt steak for 3-5 minutes each side, depending on how you like the steak cooked. Do not cook a skirt steak past medium or it will get tough.
5. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes and slice the skirt steak against the grain.
For the step-by-step videos, watch the video.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
FREE Recipes! Exclusive Discounts!
Join the Armadillo Pepper community and get monthly recipes, new product information and discounts only for Armadillos!