In today’s recipe we are grilling a Jack Daniels & Coke Skirt steak on the Gourmet Guru Grill. Of course you can make this on any type of grill as we are doing a direct, high-heat cook.
• 12 oz Coke
• 1/2 cup Jack Daniels
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp each salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp horseradish
• 1 skirt steak
1. To make the Jack & Coke marinade, place all of the ingredients except the skirt steak in a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and shake until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Place the skirt steak in the bag and then let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Heat your grill to approximately 550 degrees F. I’m using the Gourmet Guru grill set up for direct cooking. A Weber kettle or gas grill can also be used.
4. Grill the skirt steak for 3-5 minutes each side, depending on how you like the steak cooked. Do not cook a skirt steak past medium or it will get tough.
5. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes and slice the skirt steak against the grain.
For the step-by-step videos, watch the video.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Discounts & Monthly Recipes
Join the Armadillo Pepper community and get monthly recipes, exclusive customer discounts & new product information!