Hawaiian Pizza with Chipotle-Moonshine BBQ Sauce
Looking for ideas on how to use any leftover ham? This Hawaiian Chipotle-BBQ Pizza recipe is the perfect answer. Preparation time is 15 minutes and after 14 - 16 minutes of cooking, you are eating an incredibly tasting pizza. You can cook this pizza in your oven or on the grill, but I'm using the Gourmet Guru Kamado-Style grill.
- Pre-made pizza dough, 12 – 14” diameter
- 1 cup chopped, pre-cooked ham
- 4-6 oz (and more for drizzling) of Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 of a red onion, sliced thin
- 3–4 oz of white shredded 6-Cheese Italian (or your favorite)
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Set the pizza dough out and let it come to room temperature.
- Heat your grill or oven to 425 degrees. If you are using a grill, set it up for indirect heat (2-zone cooking for gas and weber grills or use the plate setter for kamado grills); otherwise you will burn the crust.
- Place the pizza dough on a non-stick pizza pan.
- Using a brush or spatula, spread the Ole Smoky BBQ sauce on the pizza dough, leaving approximately ¾ spacing from the edge of the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then ham and then pineapple.
- Add the onion, tomato and bacon.
- Brush the ¾ empty space around the diameter of the pizza dough with olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil on the top of the pizza, then drizzle some more BBQ sauce on the top of the pizza.
- Place on the grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on the top of the pizza and cook another 2 – 4 minutes.
Watch our step-by-step video for the detailed recipe instructions.