Grilled Yogurt Marinated Chicken
Today we are making Grilled Yogurt Marinated Chicken on the Weber Kettle Grill. Yogurt is a natural tenderizer due to its acids that break down the protein wall in the chicken which allows the chicken to absorb moisture (which increases juiciness).
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Juice from ½ orange
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken breasts
- Spicy BBQ seasoning (or your favorite spicy BBQ rub) to taste.
- Put all ingredients except the Spicy BBQ seasoning in a Ziploc bag, seal and mix well.
- Open the bag and add the chicken.
- Place in the refrigerator for 24-36 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the yogurt marinade and discard the marinade.
- Season both sides with the BBQ seasoning.
- Grill over medium heat (about 350 degrees F) until the chicken internal temperature is 165 degrees F minimum.