Grilled Salmon with Lemon Sauce & Sesame Seeds
It's that time of year when fresh Sockeye Salmon is available. This is a really easy salmon recipe that we will cook on our Kamado grill. To start we will make a lemon and sesame seed sauce and then get the cook started.
- 3/4 lb Sockeye Salmon Filet
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parlsley
- 2.5 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1.5 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 plus 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Tennessee Whiskey Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Start the grill and bring to 350 degrees. Coat the grill grates with oil using caution around the heat and fire.
- Cut all sides (rind) off of the lemon and then dice.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon in a bowl.
- Add the diced lemon rind and the remaining ingredients to the bowl (excluding the salmon,1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt) and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and the Tennessee Whiskey Lemon Pepper Seasoning on the top side of the salmon.
- Cook the salmon until it is 145 degrees F. It should take 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and then drizzle with the sauce.