Grilled Mexican Bananas Recipe with Orange Creme
Today I’m sharing a recipe to make Grilled Mexican Bananas with Orange Creme. This recipe is really easy and can be prepared and completed in less than 30 minutes. This is another awesome recipe we found in Chile Pepper Magazine.
- 4 Bananas
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2-3 TBSP sour cream
- 2 TSP powdered sugar (separated 2 TSP and 1 TSP)
- ¼ TSP orange zest
- ½ TSP orange juice
- Fresh fruit of the season; I have blackberries and strawberries
- Vegetable oil for the grill grates (to prevent the bananas from sticking)
- 4 mint leaves
- Optional: a dusting of cinnamon and/or gound cayenne pepper
- Split bananas in half, lengthwise.
- Mix whipping cream and sour cream with a hand-held mixer. Only takes 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp powdered sugar, orange zest and orange juice to the cream and mix together.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Grill bananas on each side 3-4 minutes.
- Remove bananas from grill, let cool for a few minutes.
- Drizzle bananas with the cream mixture and garnish with fresh fruit.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and mint leaves.
For all of the details, watch our Grilled Mexican Bananas Recipe with Orange Creme video.