Garlic & Paprika Chicken Quarters in the Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer
In today’s video recipe I’ll show you how to make chicken quarters in the Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. The Paprika and Garlic Chicken recipe that we are using is very simple and simply bursting with flavor. All of the ingredients are probably available in your pantry, so let’s get started.
- 3 chicken quarters
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Optional, 5 tablespoons Wells Chicken & Rib BBQ Sauce (or your favorite BBQ Sauce)
- 3 teaspoons (approximately) olive oil
- Rise the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer on high for 15 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients together to make the seasoning.
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the chicken and apply the seasoning to both sides.
- Place the chicken in the Big Easy basket and insert into the fryer.
- If you are applying the optional Wells Chicken & Rib BBQ sauce, do this when the chicken reaches 155-158 degrees F.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken quarters is 165 degrees F. You can take the temperature on up to 170 degrees if you prefer. Total cook today was 65-70 minutes.
- Using protection (the basket is hot!), remove the chicken from the Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer and let cook until safe to handle (about 10 minutes or so).
- Remove the chicken from the basket and serve!