Florida Bay Scallops & Mayport Shrimp Foil Packets
In today's recipe I’m making fresh Florida Mayport Shrimp and Bay Scallops from Steinhatchee, Florida in foil packets.
You can easily make this recipe when you are camping or on your backyard grill like I’m doing today on the Gourmet Guru Grill. We’re using Slap Ya’ Mama Cajun seasoning on some of our shrimp and scallops and then Old Bay seasoning the other shrimp and scallops. I’m anxious to see which flavor is best, so let’s get started!
- 1 lb Florida Bay Scallops
- 1 lb Florida Mayport Shrimp
- 4 ears Corn on the Cob, each cut into thirds
- 2 potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 lb pre-cooked sausage, sliced into 8 pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- Slap Ya’ Mama seasoning to taste (approx. 1 teaspoon per packet)
- Old Bay seasoning to taste (approx. 1 teaspoon per packet)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Place the corn and potatoes in equal portions into 4 aluminum foil packets.
- Season half the packets with Slap Ya’ Mama and half with Old Bay. Then, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of olive oil in each packet.
- Seal the corn and potato packets, then place of the Gourmet Guru grill heated to 400 degrees F.
- Cook for potato and corn foil packets for 10 minutes.
- While the potato and corn packets are cooking, divide the Mayport Shrimp and Florida Bay Scallops equally between 2 foil packets.
- Add the sausage to each scallop/shrimp foil packet.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon into each foil packet and add the Old Bay/Slap Ya’ Mama seasoning.
- Seal the shrimp/scallop packets and add to the grill (after the potatoes/corn have cooked for 10 minutes).
- Cook the shrimp and scallop packets along with the potato/corn foil packs for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve!
For the step-by-step recipe details, watch the video.