Crawfish-Stuffed Cajun Chicken Breasts
Today’s recipe is for crawfish-stuffed chicken breasts with a Cajun seasoning. We’ll make a crawfish stuffing, add a little Cajun seasoning and then smoke these chicken breasts in the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. For one final layer of flavor, I’ll add a little Moppin’ Sauce before removing from the Masterbuilt. These chicken breasts are absolutely bursting with flavor!
- 1 cup pre-cooked chopped crawfish
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun Hot Sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons Slap Ya’ Mama Cajun seasoning
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Florida Everglades Moppin’ Sauce
- We always recommend brining chicken breast before cooking. For 3 chicken breasts, mix ½ gallon water, ½ cup kosher salt and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Place chicken in brine and let sit in the refrigerator overnight. The next day remove from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the crawfish, red pepper, green onion, parsley and cheese in a bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise and hot sauce together in your measuring cup then pour into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Place plastic wrap over the chicken and using a meat mallet, beat the chicken flat while trying not to tear any holes in the chicken.
- Season the top side of chicken with the Slap Ya’ Mama Cajun seasoning.
- Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, scoop 4-5 tablespoons of the mixture on top of the flattened chicken breasts.
- Roll up the chicken breasts, so that the stuffing is in the center. Use butcher’s twine or toothpicks to secure the chicken rolls.
- Season the rolled-up chicken breasts with Slap Ya’ Mama Cajun seasoning.
- Place the chicken breasts in the Masterbuilt Smoker that is pre-heated to 275 degrees F. I also added Sassafras wood chips.
- When the chicken breasts reach 158 to 160 degrees F, apply the Florida Everglades Moppin’ Sauce. For this cook, the chicken reached 160 in 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Continue cooking the chicken in the Masterbuilt Smoker until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Total cook time was 1.5 hours.
- Remove from the Masterbuilt and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
Watch the step-by-step recipe in our video.