Clucker-Dusted Brick Chicken with Peach Glaze
This easy recipe is for Clucker-Dusted Brick Chicken with Peach Glaze. We’re making this on the Pit Barrel Cooker and as a bonus we will make some grilled BBQ Peaches. Does cooking chicken with the brick make for better chicken? Let’s get started to find out!
Brick Chicken Ingredients
- 1 Chicken, split in half
- 2-4 Teaspoons Olive Oil, just enough to use as a binder for the seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons (approximately) Sucklebusters Clucker Dust Seasoning
- ½ cup (approximately) Ole Ray’s Peach-A-Licious BBQ Sauce
Grilled Peaches Ingredients
- 2 peaches, slices in half and pits removed
- ¼ cup Ole Ray’s Peach-A-Licious BBQ Sauce
- For a binder, apply the olive oil to both sides of the chicken.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the Sucklebusters Clucker Dust.
- Light the Pit Barrel Cooker, add 2 chunks of Mulberry or other fruit wood and pre-heat for 10 minutes.
- Using bricks or a paver wrapped in foil, apply to the top of the chicken.
- Insert the rods in the Pit Barrel Cooker, add the grilling grate, place the chicken in the Pit Barrel Cooker and close the lid.
- After 40 minutes remove the paver and turn over the chicken. Then, insert your temperature probe and place the paver back on the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking take a paring knife and make small slits in a cross-hatch pattern in the peaches.
- When the chicken reaches 155 to 160 degrees F, remove the paver and apply a layer of the Peach-A-Licious BBQ Sauce to the chicken.
- Add the peaches to the Pit Barrel Cooker and apply a layer of Peach-A-Licious BBQ Sauce.
- Continue cooking the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F, then remove from the Pit Barrel Cooker and let rest for 10 minutes. For this cook the total cook time was 1 hour 46 minutes.
For the detailed recipe steps, watch our Clucker-Dusted Brick Chicken with Peach BBQ Glaze recipe.