Citrus-Ginger Vodka Chicken Wings
Today I'm making Chicken Wings on the Pit Barrel Cooker. For these wings, we will finish them in a Citrus-Ginger & Vodka sauce made with Dave’s Gourmet Citrus Ginger Hot Sauce. This is a really simple and easy chicken wing recipe that is just bursting with flavor.
- 15 – 18 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon Datil Pepper seasoning. You can certainly substitute you favorite spicy or other chicken wing seasoning.
- 5 oz. Dave’s Creamy Citrus Ginger Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup sage honey
- ¼ cup Vodka
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh rosemary
- Season the chicken wings. For these wings, I used a light dusting of dried Datil Pepper.
- Light the Pit Barrel Cooker and insert the grill grate. Let heat for 10 minutes.
- Place the wings in the Pit Barrel Cooker.
- After 45 minutes, turn the wings over.
- In a sauce pan over low to medium-low heat, pour 5-6 oz of Dave’s Gourmet Creamy Ginger hot sauce.
- With a spoon, mix the sauce while heating to blend the flavors together.
- Carefully add ¼ cup Vodka and stir. Use CAUTION as it’s flammable.
- Add the rosemary and simmer for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- After another 45 minutes to 1 hour, remove the wings from the Pit Barrel Cooker and toss in the wing sauce. Internal temperature of the chicken wings should be 165 degrees F minimum.
For the detailed recipe instructions, watch our Citrus-Ginger Vodka Chicken Wings video.