Cherry-Bourbon Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce Recipe
Today I’ll show you how to make Cherry-Bourbon Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce. Now, you can make this same hot sauce with other peppers such as Carolina Reaper, Habanero or Scotch Bonnets, but I happen to have quite a few fresh ghost peppers from my garden.
- Kentucky Bourbon, 2 Cups
- Maraschino Cherries, 8 oz
- Vanilla, 1/4 tsp
- Ghost Peppers, 4
- Cane Syrup, 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar, 2 cups
- Remove the cherries from the juice and remove the stems. Cover and save the juice.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the ghost peppers. Slice the Ghost Peppers in quarters
- Put the Kentucky Bourbon in a container, add the cherries, Ghost Peppers and Vanilla. Cover.
- Place the cherries in the bourbon and the cherry juice and place in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Add the cherry/bourbon/ghost pepper/vanilla mixture in a blender and blend well (you don’t want large chunks of cherries.
- Pour the mixture from the blender to a sauce pot.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat. Add the cherry juice and the cane syrup.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for approximately 50 – 60 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool down for 20 to 30 minutes.
For all of the recipe details, watch our Cherry-Bourbon Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce video.