Char Siu Pork
Today I'm making Char Siu Pork in the smoker. We'll start by marinating a pork tenderloin in our Char Siu marinade overnight, then smoke it in the Pit Barrel Cooker.
- 25 - 1.5 lb pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup beet juice
- 5 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon 5-spice
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bee Sting Honey n’ Habanero Pepper sauce (or you favorite habanero hot sauce)
- Mix all dry ingredients well in the beet juice
- Add the optional Habanero Pepper sauce and mix well.
- Add the marinade and pork tenderloin to a bag or bowl, place in the refrigerator and marinate over night.
- The next day, remove the pork tenderloin from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Hang the pork tenderloin in the pre-heated Pit Barrel Cooker with apple wood chunks
- Cook the pork tenderloin until it reaches 146 degrees F. For this cook, the cook time was 36 minutes.
- Remove from the cooker, let rest for 10 minutes and serve!