Cedar-Planked Chicken Wings with Strawberry-Ghost Pepper Glaze
Today's recipe is for Cedar-Planked Chicken Wings which we finish with a Strawberry-Ghost Pepper sauce. You can drizzle this wings in the sauce or toss them, but be forewarned, the heat level becomes a bit spicy when you toss them.
The subtle cedar smoke flavor is a nice flavor addition in the background.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1.5 - 2 tbsp of dried Chipotle pepper seasoning
- 1 lb chicken wings
Strawberry Ghost Pepper Sauce Ingredients
- 8 oz strawberries
- 1 ghost pepper
- 8 oz Kettlewood Cherrywood Smoke Chocolate BBQ Sauce.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 stick butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix wings and marinade ingredents together in a plastic bag, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat your grill to 350 - 400 degrees F.
- Soak cedar plank for 1 hour then place on hot grill for 10 minutes, turn over plank for another 10 minutes.
- Remove wings from marinade and place on cedar plank. Discard marinade.
- Blend strawberries and ghost pepper to a smooth consistency, then pour in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients to the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook wings for approximately 40 minutes, then turn over on the cedar plank and cook another 40 minutes.
- Drizzle the wings with the sauce and serve.
For the detailed step-by-step recipe instructions, watch our video.