Smoked Brisket Nachos with Pork Rinds
In this recipe I’ll show you how to make Smoked Brisket Nachos with Pork Rinds on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill. This is the perfect recipe for using leftover brisket. Easy to make, unique with the pork rinds and packed full of flavor!
Brisket Chili Sauce (chili sauce adapted from Traeger Smoked Brisked Chili Nachos)
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 4 cups leftover brisket, chopped
- 1 bottle (12 oz) dark beer
- ¼ cup coffee
- 5 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- ¾ cup pinto beans
- ¾ cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Tomatillo and Tomato Salsa
- 3 Tomatillos, chopped
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 3 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
- ½ cup Green Onion, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
Remaining Nachos Ingredients
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup smoked provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb bacon fried and chopped
- BBQ Pork Rinds
- In a cast iron skilled, heat bacon grease and add shallots. Cook until shallots become soft.
- Add the leftover brisket and cook about 3 minutes or so until the brisket gets browned.
- Add the beer and bring to a simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the coffee, tomato sauce, adobo paste, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, salt, cayenne pepper, pinto beans and black beans. Stir together well then turn off heat.
- Move cast iron skillet to smoker at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- To make the salsa mix the tomatillos, tomato, green onion, jalapeno and lime juice together.
- After the brisket chili has smoked for 30 minutes, spread the pork rinds on a pan (use aluminum foil to help with clean up). Scoop the brisket chili over the pork rinds.
- Top with shredded cheese and then place back on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove nachos from the grill, add some chopped bacon and top with the salsa.