Bone Suckin' Ribs on the Pit Barrel Cooker
In today’s recipe, we’re making really easy Bone Suckin’ Ribs in the Pit Barrel Cooker. Only 5 ingredients are needed for the super easy ribs recipe: Bone Suckin’ Rub, Ribs, honey, white wine and Bone Suckin’ Sauce. I’m here to tell you these are some of the easiest and best ribs I’ve made using this Pit Barrel Cooker.
Of course you can use this same recipe to cook the ribs indirect on a kettle of Kamado grill. This recipe also will work on the Masterbuilt smoker, but the cook time will be longer.
- 1 rack St. Louis style ribs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Bone Suckin’ BBQ Rub
- Bone Suckin’ Sauce to taste
- 1 – 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup white wine
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs
- Sprinkle both sides with Bone Suckin’ BBQ Rub or your favorite rib rub.
- Place ribs in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, remove the ribs from the refrigerator and sprinkle some more Bone Suckin’ Rub as needed.
- While the ribs are coming up to room temperature, light the Pit Barrel Cooker.
- Add 2 pieces each hickory and cherry wood chunks or your favorite wood for ribs.
- After 10 minutes hang the ribs in the Pit Barrel Cooker, then place the lid on the cooker and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the Pit Barrel Cooker.
- Place the ribs on aluminum foil. Spritz with apple juice or white wine.
- Drizzle honey on the top side of the ribs.
- Lightly sprinkle another layer of the Bone Suckin’ Rub on the ribs.
- Add ¼ cup of white wine or apple juice to the ribs on the foil and wrap the ribs tightly in the aluminum foil.
- Place the rack in the Pit Barrel Cooker and place the ribs back on rack for 2 hours.
- Use CAUTION (ribs are hot) and remove from the Pit Barrel Cooker. Let the foil cool until you can safely handle and then remove the foil from the ribs.
- Place the ribs back on the rack in the Pit Barrel Cooker and apply the Bone Suckin’ Sauce.
- Cook for 20 minutes then remove from the Pit Barrel Cooker.
- Let the ribs rest for 10-15 minutes and serve!
Watch our Bone Suckin' Ribs video for the step-by-step recipe insructions.