Beer & Honey-Glazed Chicken Quarters
Today's recipe is for Pit Barrel Cooker Chicken Quarters with Beer BBQ Sauce.
We'll start this chicken off with a mayonnaise binder that adds moisture and color. The seasoning is Maple Pecan and then we'll finish with a Budweiser BBQ sauce and honey glaze.
- 3 -6 chicken quarters
- 16 oz Budweiser Classic BBQ Sauce
- 6 oz Budweiser beer
- 7 oz honey
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 teaspoons Sucklebusters Texan Pecan BBQ Rub
- 1.5 teaspoons Onion Powder
- Apply a thin layer of mayonnaise to both sides of the chicken quarters.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the onion powder and pecan rub.
- Heat the Pit Barrel Cooker to 300 to 350 degrees and add some cherry wood.
- Place the chicken on the Pit Barrel Cooker and cook until the internal temp is 170 to 172 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking add the BBQ sauce to a pan over medium high heat and stir in the beer. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes, then turn off the heat and add the honey.
- When the chicken temp is 170 to 172 degrees, apply a layer of the BBQ sauce glaze to the chicken. Cook for 6 minutes, turn the chicken over, glaze again and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the cooker when the internal temp is 175 degrees. Total cook time today was one hour.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve!
For the step-by-step recipe instructions, watch our video.