BBQ Chicken on Kamado Grill with an Asian Dippin' Sauce
In today's recipe we are making a BBQ chicken on the Gourmet Guru Kamado Grill. Of course you can make this on any smoker or grill using indirect heat.
This is a really easy recipe. The seasoning brings a nice balance of sweet and heat and we'll make an Asian dippin' sauce that you can not only use with this chicken, but also with chicken wings, pork chops and pork loin.
- 1 whole chicken
- Tuffy Stone Cool Smoke #2 BBQ Rub
- 1 tbsp Duck fat or olive oil
Dippin' Sauce Ingredients
- 1/3 cup mayonaisse
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1.5 tsp Kill Sauce Thai hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Set up your Kamado grill for indirect heat and bring the temperature up to 350 degrees F. Add your favorite wood chunks. I used sassafras wood.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Rub the duck fat all over the chicken. The duck fat acts as a binder for the rub as well as helps the skin to get crispy.
- Sprinkle the Tuffy Stone Cool Smoke BBQ Rub all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill
- While the chicken is cooking mix all of the dippin' sauce ingredients together and then place in the refrigerator.
- Cook the chicken until the thickest part of the breast is 162 degrees F. Remove from the grill and let rest for 15 minutes. The temperature should continue to rise to 165 degrees F which is the recommended temperature by the FDA.