Argentine Tri Tip with Chimichurri Sauce
Today’s recipe is for an Argentine Tri-Tip with a Chimichurri sauce and we’re making it on the Pit Barrel Cooker. This Tre-Tip recipe is really easy. The seasoning is made up of only 4 ingredients and the Chimichurri sauce recipe can be made from start to finish in 15 minutes.
Tri Tip Ingredients
- 1 Tri-Tip, 2.5 lb
- 2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ jalapeno
- For a binder, apply the olive oil to both sides of the Tri Tip.
- Mix all the Tri Tip dry ingredients together and then sprinkle on both sides of the Tri Tip.
- Light the Pit Barrel Cooker, add two pieces of hickory wood chunks and pre-heat for 10 minutes.
- Insert the rods, hang the Tri Tip and close the lid.
- While the tri tip is cooking, make the Chimichurri sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a blender or food processer and pulse. Taste for salt and pepper before removing from the blender.
- Pour the Chimichurri sauce in a bowl and refrigerate until the Tri Tip is ready.
- For medium rare, cook the Tri-Tip until the internal temperature is 130 to 135 degrees and then remove from the Pit Barrel Cooker. I did not record the time, but estimate it was about 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve with the Chimichurri sauce.
For the detailed recipe instructions, watch our Argentine Tri Tip with Chimichurri Sauce video.