Apple-Cider Brined Turkey in the Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer
In today’s recipe we’re making a Apple-Cider Brined Turkey Breast in the Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer.
We will start by brining the turkey for moisture and flavor. The next day we’ll inject the turkey breast with Creole Butter. Then, cook the turkey in the Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. Now, let's get started.
- 7 lb turkey breast
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 6 bay leaves
- 25 cloves
- Cajun Injection Creole Butter
- Sucklebusters Competition BBQ Rub to taste
- In a large pot, mix all of the ingredients except the turkey and Creole Butter and stir until the sugar and salt are fully dissolved.
- Add the turkey, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The next day, remove the turkey from the brine, pat dry with paper towels and remove any excess fat/skin.
- Inject the turkey every 1 – 2 inches with the Creole butter.
- Apply any remaining Creole Butter to the outside of the turkey to use as a binder.
- Season the turkey with Sucklebusters Competition BBQ rub. Make sure to use a low-sugar content rub.
- Preheat the Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer on high for 15 minutes.
- Place the turkey in the Big Easy Oil-Less fryer until it reaches 165 degrees F. For this turkey the cook time was 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Let the turkey rest for 15 minutes.
Watch the video for the recipe details.